All your beef are belong to us

Thursday, August 08, 2002

Beef Story #84

Author: Reuben

This beef story is to commemorate the one year anniversary of our return from the Japan mission trip last year.

While we were in the airport in Japan getting our luggage checked out, the security people looked at my bag under the x-ray and then started to act concerned all of a sudden. They took my bag aside and told me to go with them as they inspected the contents of my luggage. On the x-ray monitor I could see a big shiny metal thing--my yakuza (japanese mafia) sword. "Oh, great", i thought, "I KNEW they weren't gonna let me take that thing back to America."
So they opened my luggage and said, "What is this??!"
Me: "That's a sword."
Airport people: "No, not that...THIS."
And at that point they picked up my tambourine and started staring at it.
Me: "Uh, that's a tambourine."
Them: "Oh, okay."
Then they put everything back in my bag and let me pass.

eric3
THE VERDICT: SMELL MY FOOT

No comments:

Post a Comment