All your beef are belong to us

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Beef Story #132: Discriminated in Singapore because I'm not "Chinese" enough


Author: roob

So I've been looking for an apartment in Singapore and found a nice advertisement online for a room that matched my requirements quite nicely.  The ad said something like "chinese only" so anticipating this, I told the agent that I am half-Chinese, speak basic Mandarin, and have lived in China for one year.  The agent flat-out told me though that "the owner still prefer Chinese."  I called her and she tested my chinese ability with some simple questions and I replied promptly and proved to her I can still chingchong.  Later though she texted again and said, "the owner insist on Chinese only."

 王八蛋!!!!


VERDICT: RACIST

2 comments:

  1. http://blogs.wsj.com/searealtime/2011/11/10/discrimination-pervasive-in-singapore-property-rental-market/

    ReplyDelete
  2. that be wrong. like fortune cookie fly lice wrong

    ReplyDelete